Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

moving over

re : moving over           reply
02/03/2008 16:18 - Special Needs / Tutors Required
-----------------------------------
Classes sizes in most Dublin schools are between 25 - 35 students. Kids usually bring two snacks to school - one for short break (about 10 mins) and one for lunch (about 20mins).
They usually have PE once a week or two shorter periods if they are in Jnr or Snr Infants. Jnr & Snr infant classes usually finish an hour or so earlier then the rest of the school. If your 5 yr old son is only starting school this year he is also likely to finish even earlier for the first few weeks in the school year.
Most Schools also offer some afterschool activities for kids in 1st class and upwards. You can get an idea of the school calendar for next year by having a look at the school calendar on this website http://www.schooldays.ie/articles/school-calendar

Hope this info is useful. I don´t have the experience of moving countries/cultures but many new kids have moved into our school and have had no problem settling in.

re : moving over           reply
29/02/2008 18:38 - Special Needs / Tutors Required
When you register in a school you could ask the school for an enrolment pack that will answer all your questions. From Lunches, break times, school calander, school rules etc.

good luck with the move.

moving over           reply
28/02/2008 19:43 - Special Needs / Tutors Required
Hi, I am coming to Ireland with my family (daughter 9 & son 5) this summer. I am curious if any one has done this and how did your children adjust to new culture new school & new friends?My husband is originally from Dublin and I am trying to prepare my children as much as possible for the move.I have them registered for school and looked at the curriculums on line. How many kids are in each class? Do they get to bring a snack to school? How much time do they get for lunch & recess?Any information would be greatly appreciated.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;