Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

can a child who is not from the school join the after school swimming class?

re... : can a child who is not from the school join the after school swimming class?           reply
11/02/2011 17:25 - Ask Mother Hen
-----------------------------------
Thanks - will contact the insurerer - it doesn´t hurt to find out anyway

re : can a child who is not from the school join the after school swimming class?           reply
01/02/2011 15:20 - Ask Mother Hen
I can´t see why there would be a problem offering places to kid´s outside of your school once your Parents Association and in particular the activities providers have their own insurance. A quick call to your insurance provider should clarify it for you and it would be a great way of making the classes viable.

can a child who is not from the school join the after school swimming class?           reply
28/01/2011 01:45 - Ask Mother Hen
Hi there,
Our Parents Association runs the after school activities. It has its own insurance policy and coaches, teachers etc also have insurance and are vetted. The swimming class is small this term and we are considering offering places to children from a neighbouring school. Does anyone else´s school do this?
Thanks in advance,
A

re : can a child who is not from the school join the after school swimming class?           reply
01/02/2011 11:31 - Ask Mother Hen
I think this might come down to some kind of insurance issue more than anything else. The children from the school would be covered by the school´s insurance and should (God forbid) anything go wrong, your would not be.

I´m reckoning that they would disallow it purely on those grounds.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;