Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Son being bullied

re : Son being bullied           reply
15/05/2014 16:38 - Bullying
-----------------------------------
I really feel for you and your son. I am going through the similar situation with my 14 year old son and have had enough. We have decided to take him out of school and do home schooling next year. Not the easy way out, and challenging in other areas. We feel it is important to get his confidence back before we even try another school.
It seems like the system is failing the children being bullied and I refuse that my child ends up as a statistic of suicide. We are going to take it further to the BOM and newspaper if we have to. These bullies are getting away with so much and there is no consequences for their actions.
We´ve had a bad day today with kids saying things like "why are you still here", "nobody loves you" and "go kill yourself". I am so mad at this stage and decided that he is not returning to school. They need to accommodate us now in terms of writing exams at home (which they said they will do).
When is enough, enough?

04/04/2014 13:00 - Bullying
if the school dosent do much about it.you should report them to the department of education you should take it further.tell them that you are going to report them.
heres a link
http://www.education.ie/en/Contact-Us/List-of-Contact-Details/Marlborough-Street.html
suspension dosent work as most kids love a few days of.

17/05/2014 10:25 - Bullying
That´s horrible to hear! I wish there was one simple answer for all of this. We´ve had a week from hell again with the bullying. Kids were saying to my son "why are you still here, nobody loves you" and then one kids said " go kill yourself". My son was in such a low state when he got home. We kept him home yesterday and waiting to hear from the school. We don´t feel to send him to another school at this point will help as his self-esteem is so low. We want to build him back up again before sending him.
We are going to take it further and I think it might be good to have a radio station or newspaper get involved and talk about the reality of what is going on and how it effects the teenagers of today.
We are taking one step at a time and see where it leads us.
Wonderful that your son has friends in the youth club and best to stick with that for now. I can imagine how difficult it must be to try and make new friends if they are being bullied. There is no trust to make new friends.
We want our son to do the same but it is easier said than done. So for the moment we are focusing on building up his confidence and I believe it will come naturally then. They´ve been through a lot and needs time to recover and heal.
It makes me mad that the system is failing our kids. I don´t think many parents and kids are speaking up about this issue because there doesn´t seem to be an answer or much support.

04/04/2014 12:16 - Bullying
So sorry this is happening to your child, at this stage would u consider moving schools?

Son being bullied           reply
04/04/2014 12:01 - Bullying
My teenager is still being bullied and teased at secondary school and the school doesn´t seem to do much about it. This how now been going on for 3 years. I had spoken to the principal and his year head load of times but it doesn´t help. There are days when he doesn´t get bullied or teased and there are times when the kids who do it only get a suspension but after a while it picks up again. He does not want to go into school most days and who could blame. He will be 15 in a couple of weeks and for once would like him to have a friend whom he can trust and be happy at school. What else can I do to help him? He does go to Youth Club and he has friends there. I also know that he has to make friends on his own but the teasing is stopping him from doing it. I am so angry with these students it´s not right and I am angry with the school for not preventing this from happening again.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;