Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Moving to Dublin- School Places

re : Moving to Dublin- School Places           reply
20/06/2011 15:16 - Ask Mother Hen
-----------------------------------
Hi Isull
I can appreciate why you are concerned but there is no need to panic at this stage. There are quite a number of schools in the Dublin 6 area and hopefully you will not have a problem getting a place for your daughter. Appplication procedures for places do vary from school to school but some do not take applications until the year before a child starts while others may have lists going back a few years.

Until you have a definite address it is difficult for you to apply for a place as many schools will require information on where you will be living. However, if there are certain schools you are interested in, it would be worth making direct contact with them before they finish up for school summer holidays in the middle of next week. You could ask them about their application procedures and request that they forward you an application form. As soon as you know where you will be living, you will then be able to submit the application form straight away if appropriate.

You can locate contact details for the different schools on our website on http://www.schooldays.ie/articles/primary-Schools-in-Ireland-by-County

In the event that you have difficulty securing a place for your daughter you should contact the NEWB (National Education Welfare Board) on www.newb.ie but hopefully it won´t come to that.

I hope this information helps. Good luck with your re-location.

Moving to Dublin- School Places           reply
20/06/2011 12:49 - Ask Mother Hen (Locality: Dublin South)
-----------------------------------
Hi

I am moving from the UK to Dublin 6 (I hope!- no house found as yet!) during the Summer. My daughter will be needing to start school in September 2012 and I am really scared that we won´t be able to get a place for her as they all seem so over-subscribed. Any advice would be really greatly appreciated!
Thanks

discussion forum terms & conditions

;