Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Childminder had 6 children ( most with no car seats) in regular sized car

Childminder had 6 children ( most with no car seats) in regular sized car           reply
10/07/2017 21:21 - Ask Mother Hen
-----------------------------------
I recently found out that my childminder was bringing my 2 kids in her car ( without my permission). she also had 4 other children in the car, its a regular family sized car, and most had no car seats. There is no valid reason for them to be in the car, as school is less than 500 metres from her house. Obviously she´s no longer minding my kids. I don´t know if the other kids parents are aware that she was doing this, and I see that she has advertised a vacancy for more kids recently. What would you do? Don´t think she´s a bad person, just very misguided on this issue. It was enough for me to find a new minder, is it a deal breaker for others?

re : Childminder had 6 children ( most with no car seats) in regular sized car           reply
12/07/2017 18:43 - Ask Mother Hen
-----------------------------------
Childminder here with Class II on my car meaning I can carry minded kids and in an accident everyone is covered. It costs approx 200euro for me but I know others it can be less than 100euro.
The domestic regular car insurance policy and a childminder with minded kids in the car is same as driving with NO insurance. Recently I found out a childminder with no kids in the car but in an accident the insurance company have grounds to deny claim as occupation was not declared.
If that childminder has more than three preschoolers (as in under 6 yrs of age and not in national school) together report her as its illegal not to register with Tusla. The quality of her care reads as very poor to point its dangerous, over loaded car and car seat issues. There is no excuse for both of those. Report her to the Gardai.
All parents need to vet their childminder! Ask for proof of insurance, Gardai vetting, first aid, check your county childcare committee and/or childminding ireland for her name etc.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;