Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Bullying of Teachers

re... : Bullying of Teachers           reply
31/10/2010 22:12 - Bullying
-----------------------------------
Disgraceful to think that children were exposed to that. It must have been terrible for the teacher. Can somebody like that not be barred from the school?

re : Bullying of Teachers           reply
22/10/2010 17:09 - Bullying
That sounds awful. Surely any adult would know that there is a time and a place to air your grievances - and in front of all the children is certainly not appropriate.

01/11/2010 23:33 - Bullying
This is dreadful. I hope this guy will have some action taken against him. Young children witnessing something like this will remember it for many years to come, for all the wrong reasons.

01/11/2010 14:49 - Bullying
Any developments on this?

Bullying of Teachers           reply
22/10/2010 16:33 - Bullying
A couple of weeks ago I heard about an article on The Irish Times about a parent being abusive to a teacher one morning, in front of children and other parents. I didn´t think about it since, until this morning. I was asked to drop my niece to school and wasn´t in the better of what I witnessed. A man whom I presume was the father/guardian, was being extremely aggressive towards the poor unfortunate teacher. She was clearly trying to shield the children but this man was out of control. He looked like the kind of individual I wouldn´t want to meet in a dark alley. A teacher´s job is difficult enough but to have to face into a day´s work after this kind of appalling abuse is unreasonable. Before I left, I could see the principal was on the way to intervene. To be honest, I felt it was the Guards needed to be called. I can now understand why schools are tightening up on security.

27/10/2010 17:37 - Bullying
Terrible for the children and even worse for the teacher, I would imagine.

28/10/2010 23:10 - Bullying
I actually saw that article since you mentioned it. A brilliant, thought-provoking piece.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;