Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Arklow - Home tutor required from September

Arklow - Home tutor required from September           reply
06/07/2017 13:56 - Special Needs / Tutors Required (Locality: Wicklow)
-----------------------------------
We are looking for a tutor to work with our little girl from the start of September for 10 hours a week in Arklow, Co Wicklow.

She generally has a calm disposition but is ´own agenda´. However, we do believe there is lots of potential there and we are working extremely hard with her ourselves and seeing plenty of improvement.

She attends mainstream creche in the afternoons (5 hours, 5 days a week).

Mum is PECS trained and has all the resources cut, velcro attached, and ready to use should PECs be the road we go down.

However there are lots of encouraging signs that speech will come. She mutters or hums along to nursery rhymes and we can identify which one she is singing. She also counts 1,2,3 - unclear but still recognisable and also attempts some other words.

Parents are very devoted and willing to try any method and will give 100% support to tutor.

Working environment is very pleasant and private. The house is very spacious and certain rooms can be dedicated for tuition so that tutor can work in privacy with no interruption. I have an infant table and chairs which are very useful and all kinds of toys that were recommended over time such as toy kitchen and so forth. There is a large private garden and tarmac area outside and patio steps, so plenty of scope for working with.

I have read and researched so much myself and we are using the Teach me to Talk DVDs, Oxbridge Baby and More than Words.

Should a potential tutor be interested in meeting us or having an initial chat over the phone, please send your contact details to mumtimes101@gmail.com and I will give you a call. I would be delighted to speak with anybody that this may interest.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;