Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

ASD and Secondary School - research

ASD and Secondary School - research           reply
20/04/2015 11:20 - Special Needs / Tutors Required
-----------------------------------
Some of you have helped me before with my PhD studies (transition to secondary school phase) and I thank you sincerely for that. Following an extended maternity leave - I’m back trying to complete the final phases and report on the findings so far! If you or anyone you knew were interested in phase 3 of the study I´d be delighted to hear from you, or have a look at the website I have set up for this purpose. www.teenswithasdinireland.com
facebook: teenswithasdinireland

The Experience of Secondary School for Students with Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD) - We know very little about how students with ASD progress and participate in secondary school. This study will focus on student’s behaviours and social competence in the school environment. This study is part of a larger PhD project looking at secondary school experiences for students with ASD. I am looking for parents of students with ASD in secondary school to complete a questionnaire in relation to your child’s ASD and schooling. You and your child are also being asked to give your consent to allow a nominated teacher be asked to complete a questionnaire about social competence and behaviour in school. The parent questionnaire and consent can be completed online. All information will be treated as confidential. This research project has research ethics committee approval from the School of Psychology, Trinity College Dublin.
If you are interested in participating or would like to hear more about the study. Please have a look at the dedicated website for this study www.teenswithasdinireland.com or contact Katie Cremin at cremink@tcd.ie or 01 8963813.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;