Welcome to our Parent & Family Home Yoga Course!
This course is designed with parents in mind who want to integrate yoga into daily family life. Throughout the course you will explore the benefits of yoga, mindfulness and meditation for both the physical and cognitive development of your family and provides you with the skills and
knowledge to implement the yÓGa4kids programme. All modules are taken in your own time and pace and on completion, you will have a downloadable yÓGa4kids programme to use with your family!
Who should undertake this course
- The course is open to everyone but will be of particular interest to parents who wish to develop the skills and confidence to introduce yoga, mindfulness and meditation to their children.
- No previous knowledge or experience of yoga practice is required to enjoy this course.
- The course by it's vary nature can be physically challenging. If you have any doubts about your ability (or those of any of your family members) to undertake yoga exercises, please consult your medical pracitioner before purchasing the course.
On completion of the course you will have gained:
- a greater understanding of the concept of wellbeing and how it can be incorporated into your family life on a daily basis
- a skillset in the practical of YOGA movement (poses), meditation and mindfulness with guidance on how to introduce these to children of different ages
- physical and wellness benefits from doing the programme
- lots of ideas on how you can use yoga to regulate your child's energy in positive, production and natural ways.
Benefits for the Kids
Introducing your children to yoga can result in a wide range of benefits including:
- helping to build your children's resilience
- enhancing and increasing your children's coping skills
- increasing their physical and mental fitness
- teaching them how to calms the body and mind
- introducing them to mindfulness practices
- helping them with techniques to manage anxiety
- not to mention all the fun and enjoyment you can all have as a family!
The course is delivered across 10 different Modules Module 1 - Family Wellbeing & Yoga
Module 2 - Learn a little about Yoga
Module 3 - Family Yoga Flow Part 1
Module 4 - Family Yoga Flow Part 2
Module 5 - Partner Yoga & Trust Poses
Module 6 - Yoga in Action - Sun Salutations
Module 7 - Family Yoga Games
Module 8 - Family Yoga with Stories & Rhymes
Module 9 - Yoga with Music & Massage
Module 10 - Meditation & Breath Exercies
- The course is delivered online through a series of videos and online resources available to access at any time over a period of six months.
- The course can be accessed through desktop, laptop, tablet or mobile phone.
- Course Participants can also download a series of PDFs as a reference library to be used throughout or after the course.
You will receive...
On registering and paying for the course, you will receive
- Access to the course for a period of one year by logging in to Schooldays.ie after your purchase
- 6 x Introductory Videos
- 64 x Pose videos
- 46 x Yoga activity videos
- 3 x Downloadable pdfs with instructions for all poses
- 5 x Downloadable resources for games and activities
Course Tutor - Cathy O'Connor
Cathy O'Connor qualified as a yoga teacher after undertaking a 200hr YTT with Navé Yoga in Killarney, Ireland
Cathy is an avid yoga practitioner and a mother of three children. Yoga is as important a part of her personal life with her family as much as her professional life delivering courses and retreats to primary school aged children all over county Limerick, Ireland
She also teaches adult classes as a yoga alliance registered teacher.