Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

weekly budget

re : weekly budget           reply
30/07/2007 22:20 - Summer Camps
-----------------------------------
Hi Serena
you are so right !!!!!!!! My budget too has gone competely out the window. I seem to have adopted a family of fridge fairies who can never answer where my shopping has gone to within 1 hour of putting it there ! Summer camps are pretty expensive too don´t you think? Any ideas on keeping them busy for the next few weeks.

weekly budget           reply
26/07/2007 11:49 - Summer Camps
over the summer, my budget goes out the window... food costs seem to rise, daily spending likewise... trying to entertain bored 10/14 yr old.... I seem to spend 200 per week on food and still need to go to shops... daily between coffees and drinks etc 50e goes no where.... do you all spend this much or more (say more and make me feel better). any ideas how to cut down.

re... : weekly budget           reply
01/08/2007 19:38 - Summer Camps
Thanks Serena
U have given me plenty of ideas to keep me going......Short of having to sell my husband......Re-mortgage the house and going on a strict low cost diet........ I think the idea of football outside best suits my budget. Lets start praying for good weather !!!

Chat Soon xxx

kerry

:duel:

re... : weekly budget           reply
01/08/2007 17:42 - Summer Camps
hi have exhausted all possibilities... walking... swimming.. cinema..videos...camps...(plus good dose of head lice!!!!) ... painting... model clay...baking... am exhausted just thinking of new things.. we´ve done day trips to museums but have to stop for coffees and drinks so it ends up costing a fortune for nothing.... if you do not pay for drinks it can be hard to find somewhere to rest!....... my daughter will be going canoeing soon only E 60 for half days so thats good value... rugby camp for my 10 yr old only e70 which compared to E400 for a local rock camps seems a steal.... when weather good they play football outside in the evening... its just all day at home cracks us all up

re : weekly budget           reply
27/07/2007 10:06 - Summer Camps
Hi Serena
I haven´t added up how much I´ve spent for fear I´ll have a heart attack. I think this summer is costing more than others because of the bad weather. It´s definitely harder to amuse the kids. The garden seems to be constantly waterlogged and there have been very few if any of those hang out in the garden in togs playing with water type days. When there is a dry spell I always end up dragging them out for a walk with a promise of a stop at a shop for a treat so as to drag them away from the telly. They´ve even had an extra summer camp (indoor) each to pass the time.
I´m definitely not one to advise you on budget but at least you know you´re not the only one over spending!

discussion forum terms & conditions

;