Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

primary to secondary

re... : primary to secondary           reply
06/06/2010 10:06 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
-----------------------------------
In our area, most secondary schools don´t keep lists and will only accept applications when children are in 6th class.

re : primary to secondary           reply
05/06/2010 21:03 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
You can register with any secondary school you wish but most public secondary schools give priority to there feeder area. if there are places left then they work of a list. Schools vary as to when you can register some let you register as soon as possible while others won´t take your application till your child is in 4th class. Private secondary schools don´t have feeder schools they work of a list so register as early as you can for these schools....hope this helps

primary to secondary           reply
05/06/2010 20:24 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures (Locality: Dublin South)
helle there,
i´m new here.
I am trying to understand how the school registrations and waiting lists work.
is there a list of feeder schools for each secondary schools?
we have registered our daughter to the public primary school in Booterstown and we are trying to understand what´s next.... and what are the timelines for registration.
it seems that there are already waiting lists for prestigious schools for the year 2020!
thanks for yout help

dad C

re... : primary to secondary           reply
06/06/2010 10:08 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
The best thing for you to do is to telephone the schools i your area and see what the policy of each school is. Mind you, if your daughter is 8 or 10 years away from starting secondary school, a lot coulod change in that length of time.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;