Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

feeder schools For Christian Brothers Cork City

re... : feeder schools For Christian Brothers Cork City           reply
24/10/2010 18:06 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
-----------------------------------
I agree. We´re in a recession and it is not likely to be over any time soon. I think that fee paying schools will suffer badly in the coming years as parents find themselves unable to afford the fees. The people I feel particularly sorry for at the moment (some of whom I know) are those who signed up to go to fee paying schools (some with several children), who lose their jobs/income and are no longer able to afford the fees. Children then end up having to transfer elsewhere (or at least being unable to send younger siblings). This is the likely scenario in years to come so Private schools will more than likely be the ones looking for students rather than the other way around.

feeder schools For Christian Brothers Cork City           reply
22/10/2010 14:29 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures (Locality: Cork)
Obviously i know CBS have their own elementary school, but what other schools are known as feeder schools or can you just put a name down for the Secondary school now??

Is it possible to "get in" to Secondary school anyway???
We´re not living in the vicinity at all, so a local school would be 1st choice- if poss

any advice or info welcome

28/10/2010 23:08 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
I would be inclined to agree. Most schools that are charging for the privilege will be happy to get pupils from now on.

re : feeder schools For Christian Brothers Cork City           reply
22/10/2010 14:39 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
I know of children from several schools around the city who have gone to Christians. Best to contact the school directly or look up their website to see what they use as criteria for deciding on who gets in and who doesn´t. My own feeling is that things will be getting more difficult for fee paying schools in the years to come and it may be easier to get a place than you think.

26/10/2010 13:38 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
I have heard of boys who attended various primary schools around Cork who went to Christians second level. Like some others, I would think that schools charging fees may have difficulty in the tough times ahead.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;