Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

any info on schools in saggart or rathcoole

re : any info on schools in saggart or rathcoole           reply
14/02/2014 07:57 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
-----------------------------------
Primary schools : Holy Family Primary School (English), Scoil Chronain (Irish). Secondary school Holy Family Secondary.

any info on schools in saggart or rathcoole           reply
12/02/2014 21:35 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures (Locality: Dublin West)
We are thinking about moving to saggart or rathcoole. Does anybody know anything about either the primary or secondary schools?

re... : any info on schools in saggart or rathcoole           reply
14/02/2014 10:57 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Thanks for your reply, but maybe I should have been more specific. I know the names of the schools and I have looked up their websites. It was more the information that you cant get on a schools website that I was looking for, like are the schools regarded locally as being good schools, are the principals good, do they generally have a sensible approach to dealing with discipline or any of the problems that a child might encounter like bullying , dyslexia, would there be any reasons to choose one primary school over another, do they ecourage involvement in extra-curricular activities, are children and parents generally happy there, are there any particular issues in these schools, do the secondary schools have any students who have achieved highly in the leaving cert? I would be very grateful for any little snippets of information like this. Thanks again, Ciara

14/02/2014 22:25 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
hiya, we´re living in rathcoole for 8 years now, my 2 daughters go to the holy Family National school and my son is in junior cert year in Holy Family community school. My son went to the primary school form 2nd class up and all of them loved it. They always kept low class numbers and we have always been fortunate with good, friendly,encouraging teachers. A few of my friends have children in the school with special needs including autism and dyslexia, the school have always worked very well with the parents and the child and given the most opportunities. The secondary school has worked out well for my son, he´s just finished his mocks for the junior cert so will see how the results for them go! Hope thats of some use to you, can answer further questions if you have any! good luck!

16/02/2014 17:51 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Thank you very much for that, very helpful and it all sounds very positive. Would you have any info on the villages themselves? Are they nice places to live, many activities for children/ nice pubs/restaurants? Is there much of a community spirit? We would probably go for saggart rather than rathcoole because of the proximity to the luas. Does the holy rosary national school take children from saggart as well as rathcoole. Apologies for all the questions, it is so hard to make big decisions like this! And best of luck to your son in his studies .
Ciara

discussion forum terms & conditions

;