Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

When does your school start back

re... : When does your school start back           reply
10/08/2007 20:45 - School holidays / Inservice
-----------------------------------
I myself am going back on the Thursday, while my children are going back(different school) on the Monday. I orchestrated this myself, as I teach Junior Infants, and wanted to be there early for them on their first morning, while I also want to be able to go in with my daughter on the 3rd, when she starts in J. Infants. I can´t be in two places at once- sometimes there are advantages to not all starting on the same day!

re : When does your school start back           reply
28/07/2007 16:42 - School holidays / Inservice
we are going back on Friday 31st Aug - most Limerick schools seems to be going back either the Thurs or Fri of that week. makes a joke of the policy a few years ago about the common school year. i´ve 3 kids in 3 schools all on different start dates.

14/08/2007 12:34 - School holidays / Inservice
We are back, in Co. Wateford, on Thursday 30th too ... boohoo!! I hate the kids going to school in August. September is school time for God´s sake :)

When does your school start back           reply
22/07/2007 13:25 - School holidays / Inservice
i´m not sure why but I had presumed when booking our summer holidays abroad that my kids school (primary) did not re-open till 3rd Sept. I´ve since discovered that the school is actually re-opening the week before on 30th August. Too late now to change our hols but I´m just curious is this the norm (schools re-opening late Aug) or is our school in the minority. When does your school re-open?

23/07/2007 14:37 - School holidays / Inservice
Happily ours isn´t back till 3rd Sept. I thought it was the same for all schools - obviously not. I wouldn´t worry too much about missing the first couple of days, particularly as it doesn´t sound from your post that any of yours are starting school for the first time.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;