Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Sustainable schools programmes: WHAT DO SCHOOLS/TEACHERS & KIDS REALLY WANT?

Sustainable schools programmes: WHAT DO SCHOOLS/TEACHERS & KIDS REALLY WANT?           reply
21/02/2011 11:41 - Primary Reading Resources
-----------------------------------
With a great emphasis on teaching our children of today the importance of improved sustainable behaviour on topics such as renewable energy, climate change and energy efficiency I have witnessed a rise in programmes offered to schools by energy companies.

Educational resouces such as teaching and learning plans, worksheets for kids, classroom activitys, assembley plans, interactive websites with games and nationwide competitions.

What i want to know is do these programmes provide a benefit to school, teachers and kids? Is there any other areas these businesses should be addressing? What else would schools and children like to see from these programmes? Do they address the needs of teachers, children and schools equally? Do they extend into the wider community? Do they actually have an affect on the behaviour of children, teachers and schools?

Any feedback, suggestions, criticisms welcome.....

Kind Regards Josh

re : Sustainable schools programmes: WHAT DO SCHOOLS/TEACHERS & KIDS REALLY WANT?           reply
26/08/2012 16:37 - Primary Reading Resources
-----------------------------------
Although I think it´s good that children know about these things, I don´t think it´s very effective unless the parents and wider community play their part.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;