Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Study techniques

Study techniques           reply
02/09/2006 14:16 - Homework
-----------------------------------
My son is very conscientious with his homework and studies but I often think he can improve by learning a better study approach and habits. He seems to have to put a lot of effort in to learn lists by rote for example. Does any one know of and recommend a good study technique course that he could benefit from?

re... : Study techniques           reply
07/09/2006 19:39 - Homework
This is very good link and site - thankyou. There is alot of other good study information here apart from the study skills test. Hopefully my son can be persuaded to take the test (80 questions!) and learn from the weaknesses identified.

re : Study techniques           reply
06/09/2006 22:03 - Homework
Heres a link to a study skills test done by an Irish Guidance counsellor, it might be useful. http://www.careersworld.com/htm/study_skills/skills/index.whtm

re : Study techniques           reply
03/09/2006 16:09 - Homework
My son is also conscientious about his homework but it takes him forever to do it. It frequently took 2 hours last year when he was in fifth class and I am dreading what it will be like when he goes to secondary school. He day dreams and seems to find it very hard to focus. I end up losing my patience and getting cross with him even though I say I won´t. What can I do to help him get through his homework more quickly? Frazzled Jane

discussion forum terms & conditions

;