Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Should I charge when kids in Montessori?

Should I charge when kids in Montessori?           reply
17/01/2019 16:03 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Louth)
-----------------------------------
Hi
I am a child minder to two two year olds and both are term only. I charge 5 euro per hour for them and it´s only 3 days a week until 4.30pm.
Next September they will be just gone 3 years old and their parents want me to continue minding them. Also one of them has a baby brother who will be with me three days full time.
So I´m just wondering what´s the right thing to do here in terms of charging. I´m happy to give discount for the two siblings 8 euro per hour. But should I charge for the time the two three year olds are in Montessori for three hours? I won´t be able to fill in the gap so I thought I should charge. But just wanted to get other people´s thoughts or opinions on this before I commit.

Thanks

re : Should I charge when kids in Montessori?           reply
19/01/2019 17:36 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Term time only rates are very rare and huge saving to family. Have parents asked for a discount for ecce? Most will expect it or indeed hope for it.
If your insured/registered then don´t discount as its standard, unfortunately if your not its a tougher ask.

re... : Should I charge when kids in Montessori?           reply
19/01/2019 17:52 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Ah ok thank you for your feedback
The parents haven´t asked and I am insured.
But if this becomes a problem I´d like to charge for drop off and collection as I´d be doing that for them. They will also be doing me a favour by bringing my kids to school as that is their place of work and will bring them home for me when school is over. We have a good relationship and don´t want to jeopardize what we have! But from what I gather, I will not be able to fill the three hour gap and feel I should be paid?

20/01/2019 01:56 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Iv actually two kids that come while ecce is on. Its possible, advertise a playgroup style environment pre ecce age. Having three two yr olds together is great. Its v hard get that environment when in nappies.
In your case (getting your kids to and from school is huge), I´d say nothing but if they do ask I´d reduce. I used to pay 5e a day for my two kids drop/collect, they on same schoolrun. So youv a savings of minimum 25e a week.

20/01/2019 08:59 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thanks minderofchild
That´s good advice thanks. Yes 5 euro a day to drop and collect sounds reasonable, If it comes to them looking to reduce.
Thanks again 😀

discussion forum terms & conditions

;