Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

School Trips & Nut Allergy

School Trips & Nut Allergy           reply
23/09/2011 10:21 - School Trips
-----------------------------------
My child has a nut allergy and the school has been aware of this since Jun Inf class. The child is now in 4th class and although I was always asked to go on the school tour, and went, it now seems that the school are saying that the BOM want one parent to go on all school trips.
My problem here is that I don´t always have the time or the money to go on these trips. I have to make my own way there and back and pay any costs involved.
However, the school seem to only want me there when it suits them, e.g. my child can go to swimming lessons, the local theatre, and choir practise in the local church without me, but they want me to attend the annual school tour (at my own expense) and now to football matches (again at my own expense!).

I find that they don´t take into consideration the financial burden this is to me and my husband, and also that I have to make alternative arrangements for my other special needs child to be collected from school and cared for until myself or my husband gets home.

Why do the school staff not want to be responsible for my child, who is 9 years old and knows to only eat food that I supply?
Am I wrong to be questioning this?

discussion forum terms & conditions

;