Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Roman Catholic schools And Protestant Schools (Westmeath)

Roman Catholic schools And Protestant Schools (Westmeath)           reply
30/10/2007 21:00 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
-----------------------------------
hi-have to relocate to westmeath from Dublin in the next year.We are C of i and kids go to C of I primary and one in secondary school.Have a choice of areas to move to-killucan,clonard.cpollard well served by schools -but a fair drive away-but the in other two areas -the schools are all RC. Any ideas-should we send the kids to the local RC primary and what should we do about the first communion, (or perhaps we would´nt be welcome)-or drive to the C of Iin castlpollard? Or does anyone know if a schoolbus serves all saints in mullingar(half term time so i can´t phone!)and estate agent hassling me to commit.what about post primary-any word on what columbas in killucan is like-or if theres a bus going to Wilsons hospital in multy. The kids are dreading moving already-especially the one going into 6th class-so i just want them to be happy! Thanks soo much!

re... : Roman Catholic schools And Protestant Schools (Westmeath)           reply
04/12/2007 18:38 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
hi-yep. actually moving to south kildare-sending 10 yr old to local rc school-they are fab and we have been made to feel VERY welcome,older boy has to board in Sept..none too happy-but there arent any places in the local RC secondary-and I cant drive down and back every day!..If a place comes up in the RC secondary-will probably take it!

re : Roman Catholic schools And Protestant Schools (Westmeath)           reply
04/12/2007 14:20 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
There are busses to Wilson´s from all around the county (most go into Mullingar and change onto another one out to Wilson´s). You may have already made your decision by now but if not, we made a similar move and opted to put children into local RC school. This has worked very well for us and we have had no issue with 1st HC etc as the school was very accomodating. We found this option worked well as the children made friends locally and so settled into their new environment quickly.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;