Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Primary schools in south Kildare

Primary schools in south Kildare           reply
27/05/2007 16:46 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
-----------------------------------
Hi Fionamay
My children attend the Gaelscoil - Gaelscoil Chill Dara, An Bóthar Glas, An Currach Co Chill Dara. It is situated on the Green Road just up from Lumville House Hotel. I would highly recommend it and I am very pleased with their progress. You haven´t said anything except that your child is 2.5 yrs of age. Do you have any preferences in the type of school he/she attends. I am obviously very interested in Irish given that I chose to send them to a gaelscoil. I also wanted to them to attend a mixed school rather than a boys only school. The dept of ed and science site (as advised by Yasmin) will give a list of all schools in the area. I would suggest that you put his/her name down in a number of schools and as you get to know more people in the area you will get more recommendations. You do not have to decide until nearer the time but it is good to keep your options open now. If you have to drive them to school and collect them every day is also a consideration. You should also consider what secondary school you wish him/her to attend as some secondary schools will not consider an application unless you live or the school attended is in the catchment area. Drop into the schools and ask for an application/registration form you will get an idea what the school is like. Call in during break times when you will see the children out playing. You may find that you are on a waiting list already as the area is growing all the time. Good luck

Mary3

re : Primary schools in south Kildare           reply
29/05/2007 13:24 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
-----------------------------------
Thanks for information Mary, good idea´s there. Had thought about the Gaelscoill but I´ve lived abroad for the past 10 years and have lost all my Irish and my husband is British so no help there ! Will pop into afew of the schools and see what they are like.

thanks again .....

discussion forum terms & conditions

;