Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Newbie - having first baby & moving house

Newbie - having first baby & moving house           reply
26/03/2015 11:26 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
-----------------------------------
Hi all

I´m due a baby at the end of this week and in addition to this hubby & I have gone sale agreed on our house so are house hunting. Its recently dawned on us that our decision on our new home now has an additional consideration - school catchment areas. We are completely new to all this so have loads of questions.

We´re in Dublin & planning to buy in the areas of blackrock, Foxrock, mt merrion etc. Within these areas what is the best way to find out about good local schools &
their catchment areas?

For example, after a random Google I was looking at Caryfort NS which says it´s catchment area is Blackrock parish. I´ve tried looking for a map of the parish or definition of what this includes but can´t find one. Is there any place I can access catchment area boundaries/parish maps?? Is it a case of ringing each school?

re : Newbie - having first baby & moving house           reply
27/03/2015 10:53 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
-----------------------------------
Congratulations on the impending arrival. Unfortunately the differences in school admissions policy in this country varies from school to school so you may very well have to do the groundwork so to speak and ring around. You will need some sort of address to leave with the school until you move into your forever home. You could register the child in each school your interested in just to keep your options open.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;