Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

New to town

re : New to town           reply
12/11/2008 16:11 - Introduce Yourself
-----------------------------------
Hi Aussie mum and welcome on board. Poor you leaving your nice warm summer to join us right in the middle of winter brrrrrr!

We´ve a good few Galway mums on the site so hopefully you´ll get some recommendations on schools. You´ve probably noticed that we have a database of schools on our website also which will provide you with contact details for schools in the areas that you are interested in in Galway.

New to town           reply
12/11/2008 13:27 - Introduce Yourself
Hello Mamas,
I´m (probably) moving to Galway from Australia in December with my four year old daughter and my two year old boy/girl twins (Ugh! Won´t those flights be fun?) Trying to wrap my head around school differences, attempting to pronounce Irish place names and panicing about how to cope with the cold! Would love to hear from other mothers who live in or around Galway to help out with school suggestions as my daughter is due to start this year.

re... : New to town           reply
14/11/2008 19:55 - Introduce Yourself
Hi, I certainly dont envy you those flights or our weather!!!! I live in Galway and have done since I was a child. I now have 3 children myself aged 16, 10 and 9 and there are a lot of good schools in the area and of course the odd one or two that I wouldn´t recommend purly because I would not know much about them. If you let me know what area of Galway you will be in I would be happy to give you more info. and there are a couple of aussie moms in my kids schools too!! Good luck

discussion forum terms & conditions

;