Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Moving to Leixlip from Kuwait!

Moving to Leixlip from Kuwait!           reply
27/01/2011 07:04 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures (Locality: Kildare)
-----------------------------------
Hi,

I am moving from Kuwait to Leixlip in July. I have a son who will be 7 at the end of May. I have never lived in Ireland and feel a little out of my depth. I have found this website useful and the Department of Education school inspection reports very helpful too but still would like to know about real life experiences that parents and children have had at Leixlip local primary schools.

I would also like to know if I have the right to choose a school for my son or if Ireland operates a catchment area system as in UK and where do I make application for schools? If it helps, we will be living in Louisa Park in Leixlip.

Looking forward to responses!

re : Moving to Leixlip from Kuwait!           reply
08/02/2011 10:43 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
-----------------------------------
Hi
Most primary schools in Ireland are operated under the patronage of the Roman Catholic Church or the Church of Ireland however there are a growing number of multidenominational schools including one in Celbridge and a number in Lucan. (www.educatetogether.ie)

You should consider which type of school you would like your son to attend and start making contact with schools asap.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;