Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Moving to Dublin from America. Need to help finding a school for my 4 year olds

re : Moving to Dublin from America. Need to help finding a school for my 4 year olds           reply
07/01/2009 20:55 - Pre-school / Montessori
-----------------------------------

re... : Moving to Dublin from America. Need to help finding a school for my 4 year olds           reply
07/01/2009 21:20 - Pre-school / Montessori

Hi Maria

Good luck with your impending move to Dublin one big plus is flights to Europe are cheaper than internal flights in US so plan those trips to Barcelona, London and Paris. I moved to Boston from Dublin with my 4 year old twins, we are here for a couple of years with my husbands job, so anything I can help with let me know. Malahide and Portmarnock are great areas with good schools, close to the airport, if your husband needs to travel, great restaurants in Malahide and lovely beaches with a beautiful coastal walk. We start school earlier in Ireland so your boys could start school in September. There are a few Montessories in Malahide and Portmarnock, however, getting places may be difficult. In my experience preschools in US, where I am anyway, are of a higher standard. Check out a friends website malahidekids.com it will give you info about Malahide and things to do with children.

Take care

Terry

re... : Moving to Dublin from America. Need to help finding a school for my 4 year olds           reply
25/06/2009 20:00 - Pre-school / Montessori
hi mom,
i may be able to help you a little.
i´m a fully qualified montessori teacher, and just returned yesterday from california. i worked and lived in Hollywood for 6 years, 3 as a montessori teacher. i´m looking for a job as a montessori teacher here now so i can give you advice on the schools i´m applying to. i´m staying in dublin 3. where in dublin are you guys going to live? Dublin 14 - 16 is a good area for schools, but you wont find as many montessori schools here as you may in the us.
Christina.

07/01/2009 22:08 - Pre-school / Montessori
Thank you Terry for the information. I will check out those areas. Good luck in the states :)

Moving to Dublin from America. Need to help finding a school for my 4 year olds           reply
07/01/2009 16:45 - Pre-school / Montessori
My husband is getting a job transfer for 3 years to Dublin. We have 4 year old twins who are now in pre-school. I have two questions: What areas of Dublin are good to raise young children in and what type of school do you recommend? I do know quite a bit about Montessori schools since I attended one myself. Is that where most children go at this age?

Thank you for your help

Mom of Twins

re : Moving to Dublin from America. Need to help finding a school for my 4 year olds           reply
15/03/2010 11:06 - Pre-school / Montessori
There is a great Montessori primary school in Donaghmede, Drumnigh Montessori Primary School, catering for children from age 3 to 12. The children come from various places in north Dublin including Malahide/Portmarnock. Montessori Primary Schools are very rare in Ireland (lots of Mont pre-schools) and the advantage would be that if moving back to the US the children could migrate back easily into a Mont environment. I think they have a website, might be worth looking at. All the best for the move.

13/03/2010 18:04 - Pre-school / Montessori
Dear maria Great pre-school / Montessori in ST Margarets north co Dublin

Please visit www.littlemoomoosplayschool.com places available.
Kind regards
Catherine Dwyer
littlemoomoosplayschool@gmail.com 01-8041695.

12/06/2009 16:42 - Pre-school / Montessori
Hi There

Best of luck with your move. Again may I suggest Malahide Portmarnock area for schools and childrens facilities. Also it is situated on the coast.

There are many good schools but in Ireland there are very few full Montessori Primary Schools. Most of our Montessori s only go up to the age of 6 years. However there is one excellent school where alot of children from the Malahide and Portmarnock area travel to and it is called: drumnigh montessori primary school. They have an up to date web site which offers lots of information and also offer on line applications. Their fees are 315 euro per month. They enroll children 3 times per year- Sept, Jan and April.

Check them out and good luck.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;