Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Moving To Tallaght, Dublin From Limerick

Moving To Tallaght, Dublin From Limerick           reply
20/02/2008 10:31 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
-----------------------------------
Hi All,

I´ve been living in Limerick all my life and now my son and I are moving to Tallaght initially but hoping to be living in Newbridge within the next year.

Basically I am in a bit of a panic in that I know absolutely nothing about schools in Newbridge/Dublin and so I´m looking for as much advice and information as I can get in relation to good, respectable Primary Schools in Newbridge/Kilcullen or the general surrounding areas(2/3 mile radius of Newbridge maybe??). My son is due to start school in September 2009 so I would really need to be registering him into a school now and my then we hope to be living in Newbridge so if anyone can offer advice or suggestions or anything at all in relation to a good school in Newbridge I would be very very grateful. Thank you ll so much in advance

Jane

re : Moving To Tallaght, Dublin From Limerick           reply
03/06/2008 15:43 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Hello
I wondered how you got on with finding a school as I am moving to Ireland in July and need to find my 7 year old daughter a school for September. My husband will be working in Tallaght, but we will probably live more west and have been looking at Newcastle.
Any information you can provide me will be helpful as I noticed you did not get an answer to your post.
Thanks in advance
Helen

re... : Moving To Tallaght, Dublin From Limerick           reply
10/06/2008 09:41 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Hi Helen, have you checked out Knocklyon, Dublin 16. The area is close enough for anyone working in Tallaght, and it has an excellent primary school, St Colmcille´s, Idrone Avenue. Its the largest in Ireland but split into Junior and Senior. Buying a house could be expensive but worth checking out as I have lived here over twenty years and would highly recommend it. Good luck with your search.
BA

discussion forum terms & conditions

;