Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Davis Dyslexia Correction Programme

re... : Davis Dyslexia Correction Programme           reply
10/03/2013 21:36 - Dyslexia
-----------------------------------
Fiona, we have a mild/moderate dyslexic 10yr old boy. Since his diagnosis his literacy has improved (although his spelling is still very phonetic) however his maths are a real area of worry for us. He currently gets 2hours maths resource at school and a further 2 hours at home on Monday and Thursday evenings. He s still very weak at grasping new concepts and once he does he easily forgets them. His grind teacher doesn´t think he has dyscalculia. He will be going into 5th class in September. Do you think the Davis method would be of benefit to our son? Or is it mainly for literacy? If it old help our son can you recommend any tutors near us- we are in dublin 14 area.
Many thanks for reading
Toni

15/11/2010 11:50 - Dyslexia
Thanx for this.
Am going ahead with program will post my impressions for those interested.

27/09/2013 10:27 - Dyslexia
Hi
I just registered with the site and noticed your thread. your question was does the Davis programme address Maths issues. In answer to your question there is a specific programme for those who are having difficulty with Maths. I have been providing the Davis programme to adults and children for the past seven years with great success. if your interested in contacting me my e mail is annemariebeggs@gmail.com

04/11/2010 20:34 - Dyslexia
Glad to help.

Davis Dyslexia Correction Programme           reply
01/11/2010 10:55 - Dyslexia
Would appreciate feedback from anyone who´s child attended this program. My son is going to start in December and it is a lot of money.

11/06/2012 17:21 - Dyslexia
Hi Again,
latest update, from my son we´re half way through the trigger words, and remembering to do koosh balls everyday, he now knows when he´s going off point in class and can bring himself. No resource help this year and he has achieved the 75th %tile in English & Maths, we never would have believed this a possibility for our son as 2 years he was only scoring in the mid teens i.e. 14 - 16 %tiles.

re : Davis Dyslexia Correction Programme           reply
03/11/2010 20:38 - Dyslexia
Hi, both of my children have dyslexia, we have tried most programmes over the years. The Davis correctional method is a useful programme. I bought the kit which consists of the two DVD’s and various books. It is available from the English website although I had to phone them to place the order from Ireland. I would recommend that you look at the parts of the DVD’s that are available on utube before you purchase the kit, and definitely buy the kit before you sign up to the programme. The DVD’s are very clear and easy to follow and will give you a great insight into what to expect from the programme before you commit to it. I can’t remember if the DVD’s are available to purchase separately. I trained as a Brain Gym consultant and am a registered provider of the Fast Forword programme which both of my kids has done with great success. Good luck!

04/11/2010 20:09 - Dyslexia
This sounds interesting Fiona. I must look into it.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;