Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Daily rate in childminders home for twins term time

Daily rate in childminders home for twins term time           reply
19/07/2018 08:52 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Kildare)
-----------------------------------
What should I be charged daily approx 8 hr day for 1.5 year old twins a 3 day week.Thank you.

re : Daily rate in childminders home for twins term time           reply
20/07/2018 14:02 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi are you insured, registered, any qualifications, current first aid, garda vetting etc. All will effect your rate. Is this your first time childminding and experience of twins? You´ll need a lot of equipment, more time and attention for them. I´d twins minded previously but slightly older so I can only imagine younger be alot work.

re... : Daily rate in childminders home for twins term time           reply
20/07/2018 14:04 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi sorry just read "charged" not charge. Is the childminder any of the above.

20/07/2018 14:06 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
No im a mom looking for an indication of a daily Rate for twins.

20/07/2018 14:11 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
One lady has a lovely set up has qualifications home insurance which covers 3-children mine seperate sleep snd play area im not sure about being registed as she has a baby herself and is on a career break.

20/07/2018 15:03 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi if she´s insured and you got a good vibe re being set up that´s perfect, just ask see proof of insurance/in date etc as many say house insurance but youv to declare it to be covered. If she´s using her car check its got class II. Its generally 5e an hr per child and some may offer a sibling discount in an insured childminder. Food may be offered or not. Ask for a clear contact re when you pay etc but it sounds like she´ll have this info to inform you so no misunderstandings. Terrible when unregistered childminders price and then few weeks later look for more money. Has she given u any idea of rates or others?

20/07/2018 15:21 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thank you have seen proof of insurance she wont be out in a car has garda vetting and first aid have great vibe just an apprehensive mom really she gave me a daily Rate of 100 for my 2 and for payment at christmas and easter midterms and public/bank holidays.I have also validated her references.I just seen other parents struggle and be let down last minute so needed advice will certainly look into some form of contract if I go with this lady which looks very likely.Again many thanks for response

re : Daily rate in childminders home for twins term time           reply
20/07/2018 16:00 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Since its only three days a week she´s adding abit extra. But I´d def look at the holidays n bank hols payment. Add them up and its a lot of money over the year. No self employed childminder is entitled to these but if your happy to pay them then that´s fine. Best of luck with it all.
Meant to say earlier for 10e an hr you´d get a nanny in your home which with 2 or more kids is cost effective and more convenient for both you and your twins, especially if they sick, sleep in etc.

20/07/2018 16:13 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Have looked at nanny option and wouldnt suit my circumstances finding it hard to get a term time nanny as most are looking for full time positions the christmas and easter mid terms I dont mind as she is not charging for summer months

discussion forum terms & conditions

;