Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Cycling School

re : Cycling School           reply
07/11/2006 14:25 - Miscellaneous
-----------------------------------
The Traffic Education school (TES) in Dublin is run by Dublin City Council. Rather than come to the school, the students attend a session in Fairview Park in Clontarf where a trained Garda Officer teaches rules of the road and they can try out a practical course with pedal cars and bicycles. It might be an idea to contact the council in your area to see if they can provide something similar. Alternatively perhaps a cycling club in the area would be prepared to come to the school and give some instruction. Good luck with the venture - I think such training should be compulsory in all schools.

re... : Cycling School           reply
08/02/2007 10:59 - Miscellaneous
Also try contacting the Guardai, I´m nearly sure it´s the guards who come into our school.

Cycling School           reply
06/11/2006 19:26 - Miscellaneous
Our school, Munster area, would be interested in having someone come to the school to teach kids (4th - 6th class) the rules of the road regarding cyling. It would be great if there could be some practical activity with perhaps the kids bringing in their bikes. I know this is done in other parts of the country. Anyone any idea where I could source something in the munster area?

re : Cycling School           reply
11/02/2007 17:38 - Miscellaneous
Check out www.gumtree.ie for new bicyles in boxes for children for only €25 each!

discussion forum terms & conditions

;