Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Could anyone recommend a school in the Perrystown / D12 / D6w area?

re : Could anyone recommend a school in the Perrystown / D12 / D6w area?           reply
08/03/2011 13:56 - School Specific
-----------------------------------
Hi there,
Another good school in Perrystown is St. Damian´s, if you wish to send them to a mixed school. I moved to Perrystown myself last August but could not get my kids into the school as the class was full. They now attend St. Clare´s Primary school in Harolds Cross, just across from the hospice. It is a mixed school and has small classes - max in my kids class is 19. I am delighted I chose the school as I find the teachers really care about the kids compred to other schools I have dealt with. My youngest daughter starts school in 2012 so am trying to decide which to send her to. In St. clares there is a pre-school and afterschool on the school grounds. Check out their website - gives a lot of information. The Prinicpal is Mrs Maria Spring. Oh, the school allows drop offs at 8.20 and starts at 8.50. This might suit you if say you had to be in work for 9am whereas St. Damian´s only starts at 9.30 - thats my delima!

Could anyone recommend a school in the Perrystown / D12 / D6w area?           reply
30/08/2010 13:34 - School Specific
My daughter will be ready to start primary school in Sept 2011 and I would like to know if anyone has any suggestions regarding schools in the above areas.

Any feedback welcome.

Regards.

re : Could anyone recommend a school in the Perrystown / D12 / D6w area?           reply
31/08/2010 09:24 - School Specific
Good morning
My daughters attend St Paul´s Girls Primary school in Greenhills. As it is all girls I would highly recomend it over a mixed school as the research shows that girls benifit more from an all girls enviroment. That said, St.Pauls is wonderful my two daughters now 6 & 8 have loved every day the atmosphere is caring and encouraging the teachers are attentive and the class sizes are small compared to other schools in the area. The extra school activites are varied and well adivised for your little daughter as the teachers run them Art Gym Music. -. Drama is part of the day which brought my shy girl out of herself - invaluable !
I would recomend you attend the Open day held every September & bring your girl along it showcases the school. Ms Breda O´Connor is the principal she is fantastic I have worked on the Parents assoc with her over the years - check out the website www.stpauljs.ie - Good luck with your decision - I wish you well.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;