Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Cheaper schoolbooks? Could School Books not be bought significantly cheaper online than through shops?

re : Cheaper schoolbooks? Could School Books not be bought significantly cheaper online than through shops?           reply
26/10/2010 08:26 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
-----------------------------------
yes was primary school books and but they only do the offer between may and june ..

re... : Cheaper schoolbooks? Could School Books not be bought significantly cheaper online than through shops?           reply
26/10/2010 08:29 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
Thanks for quick response Deborah. Will keep them in mind if I get my book list early enough next year!

re... : Cheaper schoolbooks? Could School Books not be bought significantly cheaper online than through shops?           reply
25/10/2010 22:14 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
That´s the kind of thing I was thinking of but didn´t think there was a significant price difference. Thank you again.

26/10/2010 08:14 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
Hi Deb
Can you confirm that you actually got a 20% discount on school books (not just ordinary books) from books unlimited. I looked at their site now out of curiosity and they are only offering a 5% discount, 4.95 delivery and 80 cent book covering although it may well have been a different offer over the summer?

The margins school book sellers receive from the publishers on school books is a lot less than on ordinary books and I would imagine that any book seller offering a 20% discount on school books and free delivery must be making a significant loss. Great for the customer tho and will bookmark them for next year if you can confirm that it was actually a 20% discount you got??

re : Cheaper schoolbooks? Could School Books not be bought significantly cheaper online than through shops?           reply
25/10/2010 21:28 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
I bought school books on line at books unlimited and got them covered and they gave me 20% discount and delivered for free would definitely recommend it.

Cheaper schoolbooks? Could School Books not be bought significantly cheaper online than through shops?           reply
25/10/2010 20:31 - Schoolbooks / Uniforms
As it is significanly cheaper to buy books online through a certain company that offers free delivery (which I had better not mention), it makes me wonder if the same could not be done with school books? Any scheme I´ve heard of doesn´t appear to be significantly cheaper.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;