Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Best primary schools in Midleton, county Cork?

re... : Best primary schools in Midleton, county Cork?           reply
19/02/2013 16:17 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
-----------------------------------
Ballintotas is a good school there is around 15 to 20 in a class very good comunity

re : Best primary schools in Midleton, county Cork?           reply
20/06/2012 19:36 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
hi flower20
I have just read your post as I now find myself in the same position I would love to know what school you chose and if its a good one
Thanx

26/04/2010 14:37 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Hi,
thank you for replying. My daughter is presently in high infants and would be entering first class in September. I would prefer her to enter a mixed school with a more open, creative approach to their teaching (if that´s possible to find). With emphasis more on the emotional social aspect of the child rather than just results.

26/04/2010 12:36 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
You haven´t said whether your child is a boy or a girl, which I would feel is relevant to your enquiry. You also haven´t said what kind of school oyur child has been in- mainstream boys, mainstream girls, mixed, Gaelscoil, etc.
Hope it all works out for you.

07/12/2010 22:34 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
My niece goes to the Presentation Primary school and she loves it. My sister speaks very highly of the school and the teachers. Hth

07/12/2010 18:41 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
I´ve had great experiences with lets educate N.S which is co ed,and has small class sizes. I feel it has a very holistic approach, and so delivers a broad education. My children are very happy there. I´ve had some very poor dealings with the Gael Scoil in this area, and so would not recommend that.

28/04/2010 08:18 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
For what it´s worth, a mixed school doesn´t necessarily mean it is going to be more open or progressive or whatever. The opposite has actually been my experience. Just thought I should say that as my children attend single sex schools and they are the most progressive in my particular area. I suppose we all go in with ideas of what we want but sometimes it´s a mistake to rule out very viable options just because they don´t tick all of the boxes we´ve decided to put in place.

03/09/2012 18:59 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Hi, I was just reading your post and I was wandering what school did you choose in the end? I´m moving to Midleton next year and I have a boy 8 and girl 5 and also want a mixed school.
Thank you

Best primary schools in Midleton, county Cork?           reply
25/04/2010 14:40 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures (Locality: Cork)
Hi,
I am new to Midleton & am looking for a good primary school for my six year old child. Can anybody provide me with feedback on this issue? What are the class sizes like in this part of the country? Are there long waiting lists?

Thanks a million for your help!

discussion forum terms & conditions

;