Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Attendance at PA Committee Meetings

re... : Attendance at PA Committee Meetings           reply
20/11/2015 12:28 - Parents Associations
-----------------------------------
Thanks for taking time to give feedback :-)

re... : Attendance at PA Committee Meetings           reply
24/11/2015 10:29 - Parents Associations
Actually I got an answer from the NPC Helpline yesterday, and that´s not correct. I was directed to p20&21 of their handbook ´Working Effectively as a Parent Association - Achieving Best Practice´ ... "While all parents are members of the Parent Association, not all can, or need to, to be involved in the day-to-day business of organising the work. It is for this reason that parents in the school elect a committee. / The committee is the team of people who manage the tasks the Parent Association on behalf of all parents. The PA committee needs to work as a team in order to be effective. / In establishing or electing the PA committee it is vital that all members of the PA understand the role and the work of the committee." The committee then communicates, consults with and involves as many parents as possible in the activities of the PA.

Attendance at PA Committee Meetings           reply
20/11/2015 10:06 - Parents Associations (Locality: Donegal)
Who should attend PA Committee meetings?
As I understand it, it´s only the Committee members that attend the Parent Committee meetings. Any proposals, queries or offers of help for the various events held throughout the year would be taken to the meetings via one of the committee members, whose names were all circulated following election at the AGM.
There´s been a recent query received suggesting that Committee meetings should be open to ALL parents to attend. What´s the general protocol out there?

re : Attendance at PA Committee Meetings           reply
23/11/2015 22:20 - Parents Associations
Any parent with a child in a school is entitled to attend PA committee meetings, regardless of who was elected at the PA AGM. Log on to NPC guidelines for further information. It´s quite useful.

re : Attendance at PA Committee Meetings           reply
20/11/2015 12:19 - Parents Associations
I´m on PA...We informally met at needed times and text/email when working on projects...we hold four formal meetings a year and turn out would be low...Agm good representation of parents so we give as much detail here as possible re past n present plans...my feeling is parents have elected you and so should let you get on with your role...it´s a voluntary role also needs to be appreciated by all!

discussion forum terms & conditions

;