Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

After school art Classes

After school art Classes           reply
19/10/2010 16:59 - Afterschool Activities (Locality: Offaly)
-----------------------------------
Hi All,

I want to know the steps I would need to take in order to teach Art and set up Art Classes after school in my local area. Age group (4-12 yrs). Would I need a qualification in Art? Do I discuss this only with the principal of the particular school? Is the Principal the person in charge of after school activities? I am naturally very creative and I achieved an honour in the Leaving Cert. That was 9 years ago and since then I have kept painting as a great past-time myself. I would really appreciate your advice and thoughts on this. Thank You :)

re... : After school art Classes           reply
28/10/2010 10:42 - Afterschool Activities
Thanks Mary!

re : After school art Classes           reply
21/10/2010 23:11 - Afterschool Activities
If you are going to want to work with children in an unsupervised capacity, then I would suspect that you would need to have Garda Clearance.

01/11/2010 14:40 - Afterschool Activities
Brilliant, That´s great advice, I completed a TEFL course and from that I now know that lesson planning and classroom management are so important, so an activities plan would be essential, thanks for that! I´ll get started on samples of crafts etc asap. Thanks

30/10/2010 14:51 - Afterschool Activities
If you hope to offer art cloasses for children, you would need to have a programme of activities and skills that you would plan to cover. Samples of your work would also be important. If you had experience of working with children, even in a voluntary basis, it would also be useful I´m sure.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;