Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Academic Playschools

re : Academic Playschools           reply
15/09/2012 12:42 - Introduce Yourself
-----------------------------------
Hello, just read your text and feel for you and your little one.
I am a mum of 3 kids, my eldest went to a playschool but didn´t get introduced to any academics, so my second son was sent to a montessori, he learned his abcs and numbers but I have to say it wasn,t overly inspiring...he has always been ahead of himself, so rolling up the sleeves and finding things for him to do himself seemed to be the way forward. tutpup is a website which can challenge your sons maths skills, you should check it out. good luck to you, I would suggest to take a careful look at any preschools as some say they are montessori but don´t have proper equipment and are not qualified. the best of luck to you and your son.
Teresa.

Academic Playschools           reply
27/09/2011 20:18 - Introduce Yourself (Locality: Dublin North)
-----------------------------------
My 3 year old son is very Academic, loves learning new things everyday. He asks all the why ? what ? where ? his understanding of numbers, dates, and a reading age of a 5 or 6 year old.
We always answer all his questions and he retains all the information.
The playschool only seem to want to focus on the " play " parts of the school.

My son is getting very bored with this and gets frustrated, the school want to reduce his hours as they cant work with his questions. I want to take him out and try find a new school where they could grow his quizzical mind. I can not allow their small minded ideas stop him progressing. Can anyone suggest some playschools where they work with Academic children ? please help Kind regards

discussion forum terms & conditions

;