Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

A public, co-ed secondary school in Cork

re : A public, co-ed secondary school in Cork           reply
11/04/2009 22:40 - School Specific
-----------------------------------
I believe Bishopstown Community School is quite a small school but the staff members are very dedicated. There is a wide range of abilities among the students and quite a few nationalities in the school. Those who are willing to work seem to do well there. Given that it is a smaller school, the range of subjects may not be as good as in larger schools though, especially in view of the downturn in the economy and schools possibly having to limit subject choices, especially after Junior Cert.

re... : A public, co-ed secondary school in Cork           reply
13/04/2009 00:06 - School Specific
I heard good reports also about this school but it is a mixed ability school. I have heard that good students can do well here. There is another very popular all boys school just up the road from here called Colaiste an Spioraid Naoimh. I would love to recommend other really fantastic schools to you bit you have made it clear that CO-ed is what you want.

re... : A public, co-ed secondary school in Cork           reply
13/04/2009 14:20 - School Specific
I was just thinking that if you had a list of the subjects your son is currently studying. They will not correspond directly with the subjects on offer here but it would be a good idea to see what would be available here- especially the subjects your son is particularly good at.
If a subject is Not available in the school you choose, all is not lost. It is possible, for example, to do subjects like music outside of school. Some of the schools in the city centre offer this option, at an additional cost.

A public, co-ed secondary school in Cork           reply
11/04/2009 19:25 - School Specific (Locality: Cork)
I just find out that there is also a public and a co-ed school in Cork it;s Ashton school, any reviews on it? Now on my list there are Bishopstown, Ashton and Colaiste schools, any recommendations will be very helpful.
Thank you

discussion forum terms & conditions

;