Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

6 month old baby requires childminder x3 days a week

6 month old baby requires childminder x3 days a week           reply
20/05/2018 14:05 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Meath)
-----------------------------------
Hi there, could someone please advise the best option, my infant will be 6 months old when I go back to work part time - I will require a childminder from 7 in the morning until 5 in the evening for these days what can I be expected to pay for this time.

Kind Regards
Lauren

re : 6 month old baby requires childminder x3 days a week           reply
24/06/2018 20:09 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
For that long day I’d expect to pay €50atleast

25/06/2018 11:32 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Yes definitely it´s a 10 hour day. Ur looking at €50-€60 per day and dats good..

26/06/2018 11:28 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Wow 50-60 per day for one child!!! I should to move. I´m in Laois and €35-€40 for one child is the going rate. The local crèche charges €32 per day for under 3 and they provide all food.

re... : 6 month old baby requires childminder x3 days a week           reply
26/06/2018 16:39 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Its generally 5e an hr for one child in a registered/insured childminder. Personally the price of creche has no bearings on what a registered childminder charges. A parent in a quality childminder that is following ratios correctly is getting the small, if not individual environment and this is worth its weight in gold aswell as less bugs and tiredness.
Its being reported that new unregistered childminders are quoting 10e an hr but this is only applicable to nannies in the children´s own home.
Price around who´s available locally and see what they charging.

26/06/2018 16:43 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Ur child would not get the full on childcare in a creche.... People always want their children to have the best valuable care but are very rarely willing to pay even the goin rate....

26/06/2018 17:23 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
There is definitely no comparison between individual childcare and a crèche. Obviously the going rate differs greatly from place to place.

26/06/2018 18:41 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
If the creche is quality then the kids experiences is great. They get alot of activities/care within the grounds, that´s the only negative if quality. It is a busy environment but most kids adapt. Its the same if youv a poor quality childminder, no activities, children only out on school runs which is a crying shame and not experiencing the wider community etc. Parents make their own choices but iv found most will pay unless they entitled to a creche scheme then their choice is limited really no choice.

26/06/2018 20:02 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I think parents forget that childminders work very hard and also have mortgages and familues and bills and a qualified caring Guarda vetted reliable childminder is worth her weight in gold and deserves minimum wage. People would pay a 17 year old babysitter 50 quid easily and head off for an evening out. It´s so insulting to be honest. You get what you pay for and I´ve worked in plenty childcare settings and I´ve raised my own children. A 30 euro or so creche offering 10 hours care plus food for a day is government subsidised so they can afford such low fees. I would not accept less than 9 euros an hour.

26/06/2018 20:08 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I´m sure this lady can make up her own mind as to what is best for her child. This post seems to have gone completely off topic.

26/06/2018 20:18 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Not off topic at all.

26/06/2018 20:18 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I really agree with you here x

26/06/2018 20:24 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Just seems to be more emphasis on crèche vs childminder. I am a childminder and have been employed by the same family for over 6 years. Unfortunately the rates in my area seem very low in comparison to the earlier comments. I can´t help bur feel that is because parents have the option of the €32 per day crèche.

26/06/2018 22:46 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Rach, are you a childminder in your home or a nanny in kids home ie employed. I´m a childminder and never consider myself employed but rather parent can use my service if suits them and me. Unfortunately childminding rates do vary across the country as do creche prices.
Its registered childminders that have best rates and payment terms so if your not registered its something to consider plus the childminding grant is currently open.

26/06/2018 22:47 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thanks for the advice 😉

26/06/2018 22:55 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Busybee no way will a childminder get minimum wage per child fulltime. It just isnt affordable to families and so they will look to other cheaper options. They can get a nanny and all her conveniences for both parents and children for minimum wage.
Majority of registered childminders have up to three preschoolers and possibly an afterschooler(s). The earning potential per hour comes from combining families meaning a good rate if busy. Plus savings on no childcare for their own children, no commute expenses etc.

02/07/2018 13:35 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
To Whom it May Concern
My name is Olivia Fahy. I am 25 years old and I have been a Primary School Teacher for the last 4 years. I have a lot of experience working with kids and babysitting! I would definitely interested in your request if you are still looking for someone! Hope to hear from you soon.
Kind Regards,
Olivia
Contact no. 0892394488

discussion forum terms & conditions

;