Course Ref: SD0620
through Mindful Communications
Would you like practical techniques to foster positive professional relationships?
Are you a young teacher wanting to start out on the right footing with everyone in your school community?
Are you in school management and need to address communication in your SSE? Then this is the course for you.
It’s not only about good communications. This course focuses on your wellbeing as a teacher, on how you can stay grounded in yourself when dealing with stressful situations in your everyday life, and how you can improve your self-esteem, and the self-esteem of your pupils and colleagues.
This course is of relevance to all members of the school community, parents, SNAs and Boards of Management, as well as teachers. Although some of this course is targeted at the primary school environment, there are many useful tips and resources of equal relevance to all school levels
The aim of the course is to develop positive teacher relationships within the school community in order to inform your practice in teaching the pupils in your care.
- the school community structures and supports available to the teacher
- professional communication skills and techniques
- practical examples and templates to facilitate positive relationships
- Communications to support children with special needs
- Advice on incorporating positive school community communications within school development plans as part of the SSE process
- Enhancing learning outcomes of pupils through the development of wider school community links
- IT resources and skills to facilitate school community communications
On completion of the course you will have gained:
- In-depth communication techniques to support professional conversations, and in this way facilitate positive relationships in the school community.
- Understanding of the supports for schools in creating positive learning outcomes for the pupils in your care.
- The opportunity to interact with other teachers on the course topics and create practical samples for school use while also reflecting on your learning.
1.1 Introduction to the course
1.2 Understand the school Community
1.3 Understand key teacher relationships
2.1 Develop Communication Techniques
2.2 Understand Communication Methods
3.1 Explore professional communications and School Self- Evaluation.
3.2 Explore teacher self-development and wellbeing techniques
4.1 Start out on the right note – first communication techniques
4.2 Build the school/home/ community relationship
4.3 Structure the Parent Teacher Meeting
5.1 Best practice for starting with your pupil with Special Needs
5.2 Explore communications relating to SEN
Feedback from our 2019 & 2020 course participants
- "I enjoyed all aspects of the course; there were great practical initiatives that I can put in place."
- "The videos and resources were absolutely fantastic."
- "Communication to support children with Special needs was excellent"
- "I learned valuable information about communications in the SEN section on communicating with parents, students and external agencies."
- "The quality of the course was excellent. The layout of the course was easy to follow and their was good communication and feedback from the tutors."
This course was approved by the Department of Education & Skills as part of the 2020 Courses programme for PrimaryTeachers however Teachers will not qualify for EPV days if undertaking the course during the Autumn season. Access to the course will be available from 1st October to 20th November 2020.
On completion of the course participants will receive a Schooldays.ie Completition Certificate
The course is also open from 1st October to SNAs, Secondary School Teachers, Childcare Workers, Childminders and Parents who feel that they may benefit from the course
Our Support team are on hand to answer all your queries, either by phone or e-mail.
Check your Course Homepage
Click here for a list of Frequently Asked Questions